Day 118

Day two of the camping trip had me walking six miles up to Big Sandy Lake where I was set up base camp.  When I get up to the lake I walk along the near shoreline and cross the outlet stream and follow it down a little ways.  I end up camping in between Big Sandy Lake and the Lake just downstream about 200 yards.

After setting up camp I have a couple hours to fish and head down to the river.  I start just below the campsite and almost immediately catch a fish in the first pool I try.  I catch one more in a nearby pool before I walk to the far end of the lower lake and start fishing the tail waters of the lake. 

 I fish the outlet on both the lake side and river side with no luck to my amazement before I head downstream a little and find a few nice pools below some cascades.  Over the coarse of the next hour and a half I catch over twenty brookies and a single brown before it starts getting dark and I head back to camp.  Couldn't have asked for a better finish to the day.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12' #3

Fly that Worked:  Royal Coachman#18

Comments

Popular Posts