Back on Clear Creek

I had such a good day on Clear Creek yesterday that I decided to head back up in hopes of another great day.  I start at the same spot but then work my way downstream to a couple of new spots over the coarse of the day.  I start with a para-hopper but end up loosing the two I had to the trees early in the day.  After trying a couple different patterns I land on a bwo to finish off the fishing.

After catching a fish on the first cast, the day slowed down considerably.  I think most of it had to do with the fact that I was not throwing a para-hopper which I knew the fish would take and throwing a bwo which just did not bring the same kind of action.  That being said I still manage to catch a dozen fish and ended the day with a small rainstorm and a rainbow to follow.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  12' Level Line #4
Fly That Worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts