Slow start to a good finish

Headed back to South Boulder Creek for the day after checking the water flows of a number of creeks.  With water flows up everywhere else, they were dropped to 10cfs from 100cfs the last time I was here.  That being said I thought the water would be crystal clear and primed for dry flies.  Much to my surprise the water was as muddy as I have seen for 10cfs.
I start the day by trying a few spots up high before walking down to the picnic tables and fishing my way back up.  After about an hour up high with no luck I decide to make the walk downstream and tie on an extended body bwo.  That move and fly change did the trick, because over the next couple of hours I land a dozen fish as I work myself upstream. 
After taking a break and letting a rain storm pass by, I keep moving upstream and manage to catch another six before calling it a day with 18 landed and at least another 9 hooked but not landed.  Overall one of my best fishing days on South Boulder Creek despite the dirty water and slow start.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly That Worked:  Extended Body BWO

Comments

Popular Posts