Clear Creek

Headed up to Clear Creek to try it out after the snow storm the night before.  The water was still above the historical average but was clear.  It was partly cloudy and about 40 degrees when I start.  I try huntsmans gulch and work my way up.  I takes a little work but I finally get a brookie to take the Film Critic for my first fish.  I continue throwing a Red Amy's Ant followed by a Film Critic and get a brown to take the Amy's Ant for my second and last fish of the day.  After working a good stretch with zero action I call it a day and head home.  Tough and cold day!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Flies That Worked:  Amy's Ant, Film Critic

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever caught a brookie in Clear Creek. Got to tie some Film Critics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much for small patterns but when the fishing is tough, this fly seems to work. Maybe one in a hundred are brookies for me on Clear Creek.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts