Eleven Mile Canyon

Headed back to Eleven Mile Canyon with Mark for the day.  But before we started we stopped into Tumbling Trout Fly Shop to see Michelle White for some advice and she bought a picture from me.  That was a cool start to the day.  After that we head into the canyon and start at the normal spot but fish up past the next pullout this time.  I get nothing until after our first break, when I get I nice rainbow to take a blue beetle.  Mark follows up with his first fish five minutes later.  We finally get to a hole where we can see over a dozen fish feeding actively and put on a small bwo trailer to try to fool them.  Mark ends up catching 8 out this pool and I get 4 before we call it and head to our second spot.  I catch two at the second spot but Mark can't seem to get one.  We call it a day around 5pm and head home.  Good day in the books.




Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Wind Cutter 12'
Fly that Worked:  Bwo, Blue Beetle

Comments

Popular Posts