New section on the South Platte River

Mark and I decide to hit the South Platte River between Deckers and the North Fork of the South Platte.  While Mark has fished this section before It was a first for me.  As we drive around the Deckers area all we see is a ton of other fisherman, so we decide to drive up to the North Fork.
After stopping at the fly shop in Deckers and picking up some flies for the day, we  find some spots on the north fork and start the day.  I tie on a Pat's Rubber leg(tan/black) down to a Two Bit Hooker and start working my way upstream.  I get a quick hit by a boulder but the fish shakes loose almost instantly.  I work my way up to a nice slack water pool below some riffles and cast through.  Not three casts later I have hooked into a nice brown trout to start my day off.  I continue fishing the same pool and manage to land another brown before heading upstream.  After no luck upstream I decide to head back downstream and see how Mark has been doing.
We both take a little break and then switch areas to fish, Mark fishing where I did and I fishing where he did.  I find another nice pool below some riffles and try my luck.  I land two more really good size fish here before moving upstream and catching a couple more on the pats rubber legs.
We try another spot but neither of us have any luck and we call it a day.  Another great day of fishing with my buddy!  This day took place on May 9th and I forgot to post it, oops.

Rod:  Iwana 12 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Fly that worked:  Pat's Rubber Legs

Comments

Popular Posts