South Platte River

Decided to try the South Platte again on what turned out to be a great day.  The weather was hot and very little wind to deal with.  The water was still low and clear(48cfs) making it perfect for dry flies.  As usual I have a Amy's Ant on and start at one of the spots I have been fishing recently.  It takes a half hour or better before I land my first fish but then the action becomes more consistent.  The first area gives up four with a couple more hooked that got off.  I take a break and move to the second area to finish off the day.  Bam!  Boom! Zap!  I am on fish all over the place!  I end up getting a dozen more fish at this spot with at least another four that got off.  I call it day around 3:30pm and head home.  Great day of fishing!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant(red)

Comments

Popular Posts