Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for a few hours before work on a beautiful day.  The water was low and clear and just a bit of wind.  I try a spot I know has bigger fish to see how the Hane holds up.  I start the day throwing Amy's Ants in green and red but can't get any bites.  I start changing patterns trying to find something that will work, when a nice big rainbow takes the black caddis.  I stick with this pattern for the rest of the day and manage to catch two more good size rainbows and four little browns.  I call it a day when I get to the top of this section and head home.  On a side note the Hane handled the fifteen inch rainbows like a champ.  Good start to the day!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Hane 11'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 11'
Fly that Worked:  Black Caddis

Comments

Popular Posts