Day 138

The weather was nice so I decided to go up to Bear Creek for a few hours and see how the fishing is in December.  I get up there around noon and start at my normal spot.  I have a griffiths gnat and a black beauty tied on and start casting through the first run.  I cast a number of times and finally get a bite at the top of the run and have landed a little brown to start the day.  I move over by the log and get another hook but can't keep it on. 


Moving upstream I try a number of spots with no luck until I get to just below the first bridge and start casting through the runs.  After a few casts I hook a nice 11" rainbow for my second fish of the day.  I continue to cast through the same runs and manage to get two more little browns before I move upstream little further.

I try the section just above the bridge and don't get anything in the first three spots.  As I keep moving upstream I finally get another bite and land another little brown.  I continue in the same area and get one more bite but can't land him before I call it a day and head back to the car.

The stream was ice free and the weather was great for December and a pretty good afternoon on the water.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked:  Black Beauty

Comments

Popular Posts