Clear Creek and Hoppers

Headed back up to Clear Creek but decided to try a new spot to start the day off.  I walk downstream a ways and start working my way back up still throwing a red Amy's Ant.  It doesn't take long before I am into some fish and pretty continuous action.  I have nine to hand before I see a gentleman walk in a little upstream of me and then run back to his car to get his rod so he could fish a good hole just above where I was.  I decide to move upstream with a let it go attitude but this is becoming an issue more and more and I may have to rethink my policy. 

Second stop thankfully was just as productive as the first and I manage to catch another eleven before calling it around 3pm and heading back to the car.  All in all a pretty good day with twenty in on a hopper pattern in November.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Level Line 12'
Fly That Worked:  Red Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts