Halfmoon Creek/Arkansas River

Decided to fish Halfmoon Creek on my way to the Great Sand Dunes to camp.  I get to the creek around 10am and fish the section around the dispersed camping.  Second hole I try and I get a little brown trout to start the day.  I work upstream catching a fish every ten minutes or so.  Other than one brookie, I catch all browns on the Amy's Ant.  After a couple hours it starts to rain so I call it and drive south along the Arkansas River.


I stop at a spot I have never tried before along the Arkansas when the weather breaks for a little bit.  The water is moving a little faster in this section but there are plenty of pools to fish.  The action is slow but I manage to land three fish before quitting.  I call it for the day and finish my drive to the dunes.  Pretty good start to the camping trip!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts