Cache La Poudre River

Headed up to the Cache La Poudre River for the first time in 4 months after seeing that the flows have mostly come down.  I checked the reports and they said the terrestial bite was on.  I have a blue beetle tied on to start the day and never looked back.  I catch a fish on my first cast and then it seemed like almost every other cast brought in a fish.  By the time I take my first break I have caught over twenty fish just working the near edge.  After my break I catch three more fish in the first area, then move upstream to try a different spot.  The second area gives up one fish, so I decide to re-run the first area.  Second time through I try a yellow chubby and a smaller blue beetle which bring in 17 more fish.  Over forty for the day and did not run into another person all day!




Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Flies that Worked:  Blue Beetle, Amy's Ant, Chubby Chernobyl




Comments

Popular Posts