Clear Creek

Headed up to Clear Creek to do some fishing before the storm came in late in the day.  I start up high at a spot in the sun.  The water was low and clear and the fish were few and far between.  I tied on a elk hair caddis and managed to catch two brown trout at the first area, before getting shutout at the next spot.  I was going to try a third spot further down in the canyon but the weather came in and I called it a day.



Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Fly that Worked:  Elk Hair Caddis

Comments

  1. I've only been there once but it was an amazing place. So cool to see the wild fish swimming in pools. It's rare to see that where I live in NC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the super late response, this just caught my eye. Thanks. You got the Smokies with plenty of them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts