Slow day at Bear Creek

Got up to Lair O' Bear park around 11am to try my luck for a few hours.  Had a bright sunny day in the 90's with just a touch of a breeze.  The water level was around 38cfs and a little stained but I decided to try dry flies for the day.

I start out at the normal spot and manage to catch a little brown in the fifth spot I tried.  I catch him on a all black version of a royal wulff even though there was no visible action on the surface.  I work my way downstream and catch another little brown about fifteen minutes later on the same pattern.

Long story short, the rest of the day I did not catch anything and only had a few sniffs at the fly.  With the day getting very hot and no luck I call it a day around 3pm and head home.  Tough day of fishing with the weather, kids, and other fisherman.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  10' Hi-Vis Level Line #3
Fly that worked:  Royal Wulff(all black)

Comments

Popular Posts