Clear Creek

 Headed back up to Clear Creek on a day that snow was forecast for early in the day.  I get to the creek around 11:30am and find a spot with some open water.  The weather is cold to start but not snowing.  It only takes a few minutes before I have my first action on the amy's ant.  I don't hook into the first two fish I encounter but the third is the charm.  I keep moving upstream and pick off three little browns all on the amy's ant before the snow starts falling.  I am close to where I'm going to finish so I continue up to the last pool.  By this point the snow is really coming down and I can barely see where the fly is landing.  A few casts and I catch my fifth and final fish of the day on the amy's ant.  I am convinced more than ever you can fish the amy's ant year around!  Great day on the water.






Comments

Popular Posts