Moraine Park kind of day

Headed up to Rocky Mountain N.P. today with Mark on a beautiful fall day.  We decided to try Moraine Park and the Big Thompson for the ease of walking the river.  We got up there around noon and I tied on a bwo to start the day while Mark started with a nymph rig.
The day started pretty slow for me, as I just could not figure out what they would bite on.  After a number of fly changes I did finally manage to catch a little brown on a bwo.  The slow fishing continued for me the rest of the day as I only managed to catch two more fish.  Mark on the other hand was getting a ton of action and managed to catch seven or eight fish for the day.

We fish to about 5pm and call it a day with Mark out fishing me(first time in a few outings).  All said and done we had a great day on the water in one of the prettier places to fish.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  BWO, Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts