South Platte River and One Fish

Headed out to the South Platte River for the first time in a while hoping to have a good dry fly day.  This may have been wishful thinking since it's November and getting colder by the day.  Never the less I stuck to my guns and used dries all day.

 The weather was just about perfect but that did not seem to help my cause at all.  I tried a number of different patterns but nothing seemed to get the fishes attention.  After a lot of persistence I finally manage to get a rainbow to take my bwo and have my first fish of the day.  I continue to fish at a couple different spots but have no luck and decide to call it a day.
Despite the lack of fish caught I still had a great day in the mountains on one beautiful day.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly That Worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts