One rainbow on a bwo at south boulder creek

It's the beginning of December and the weather it great for this time of year.  I decide to head up to South Boulder Creek for the day and see if I can't catch a fish for a change.  I start the day on dries but am getting no action so I switch up to a nymph rig and try my luck.  Still getting no action as I work through a number of spots, when I see a fish feed on the surface.  I immediately switch back to dries and start casting.  I get a couple of sniffs but no takers in the the area I saw the fish feeding.  I start working my way downstream when I finally get a fish to bite for my first fish of the day.  I continue to fish through a number of spots downstream but can't get a fish to bite.  As the sun sets over the canyon I decide to call it a day and start the walk back to the car.
Not the best day of fishing I have ever had, but certainly not the worst.  The weather was good and I got to spend the day in the mountains, so all in all I had a pretty good day.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  BWO

Comments

  1. Nice post.....love the pictures. I was there a few weeks ago and it was also a one fish day. It can be a challenging stream at times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts