Skunked on eleven mile canyon

Headed down to Eleven Mile Canyon with Mark to try our luck in late November.  We had a nice sunny day even though the temperature was a little cold.  We were both hoping it would be a good fishing day with these conditions but sadly that was not the case.


We start the day at our normal spot with Mark nymphing and myself on dries.  He fishes downstream while I head upstream.  I end up changing through a number of flies but just can't find one that will get the fish to move.  After a while I start working my way back towards Mark, just to find out he has had no action either.

We decide to try a couple more spots with no luck before we head outside the canyon to another spot that has been good to us before.  Sadly we did not catch any fish here either and decide to call it a day and head home skunked.

It was still nice to get out for a day of fishing with a buddy.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies that worked:  None

Comments

Popular Posts