Cub Creek to the Big Thompson River

Started the day on Cub Creek at my usual spot and worked my way upstream over the coarse of the day.  As always throwing the Amy's Ant to every slack water section in the creek and getting a bunch of action and a number of fish.  I end up fishing until around five when a thunderstorm rolled through and I decided to get some dinner before driving home.
After dinner I decide to drive down the Big Thompson Canyon and see if any good fishing spots were open.  I stop at a spot I have fished a couple times before with good results.  I walk downstream a ways and fish my way upstream twice over the same section of river catching seven fish before calling it a day.
Great day of fishing and ended up with 19 fish in the books.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts