Day 2 on a new creek

So I start day two of fishing on Grape Creek by walking downstream of my campsite a ways so I can fish upstream to it throughout the day.  I start with a Amy's Ant but can't get any action so I switch up to what looks like a black bodied Amy's Ant and first cast in I get a fish.  I get a few fish on dead drifts but the majority come when I twitch the fly and create a little movement.  Over the coarse of the day which ended up being around 7 hours of fishing I managed to land sixty fish.  I did come across three other fisherman whom did not have the same luck as I did, which I feel a little guilty about saying, made me feel pretty good that I had two great days.  Coming back here in the future for sure.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled:  12'
Fly that Worked:  Black Bodied Caddis with rubber legs

Comments

  1. Repeat of my previous comment on your last post.....
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts