Arkansas River

Headed down to the Arkansas with Mark and his buddy Jarod to see if the fishing had picked up.  Mark and Jarod end up nymphing most of the day while I stuck with the dries.  I start out the day as usual on a Amy's Ant but end up on a black caddis.  The flows were around 500cfs and the water was stained.  We had partly cloudy skies all day with the winds in the 15mph range.  We try three spots over the coarse of the day with Mark and Jarod picking up one fish each and I finished with nine.  I picked up one on the Amy's Ant and then switched flies at the second spot to a black caddis and picked up five more there and another three at the third spot.  I did manage to catch a couple 14" browns to put a little size into the day.  Great day on the water!
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Flies That Worked:  Amy's Ant,  Black Caddis

Comments

Popular Posts