Day 2 in the canyons

Today I decided to fish upstream from my campsite for the majority of the day.  I end up fishing for about seven hours before turning around.  During that span I must have caught close to a hundred fish.  I hardly had a break in action all day, even when I switched from green to red on the Amy's Ant.  Though it took me seven hours to fish it only took me a half hour to walk back to camp.  I take a break and then walk downstream a little ways and fish for another couple of hours catching a dozen more fish.  One more great day in the canyons!
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked: Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. What a day! And the best part is, it looks like you actually were able to find a spot over the 4th away from the masses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few people around and that was awesome! If I wasn't so lazy I could I have hiked further in and seen nobody. Great day none the less!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts