Back to Clear Creek

Decided to try a couple new spots on Clear Creek for the day before finishing at an old favorite.  The morning starts out cold and cloudy but the water is low and clear.  My first spot I don't catch anything and move up the canyon a ways and try another spot.  By the time I get to the second spot the clouds have broken and the sun was out and warming the day up.  I finally start getting some fish in the slack water areas with dead drifts to get the day going.  I catch half a dozen fish in that stretch before moving up the canyon to my last spot.  I catch another four fish before running into another fisherman and calling it a day.  Pretty good day!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Kevin, your photographs are just spectacular. Since I love Clear Creek so much I've started an album of my favorite photos. A few of mine and many of yours. I really hope that maybe next year I can tag along with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts