Clear Creek-650th day of fishing

Headed back up to Clear Creek for a few hours before work.  Fished a couple spots I have not tried before.  The water was still moving a little fast in the canyon but had plenty of pockets to fish.  I start the day with a Amy's Ant and catch a couple at the first spot.  The second spot I try is a area I have fished before, but I end up getting shut out here.  Third spot is a new area and starts out slow.  I decide to switch flies and put on a chubby Chernobyl and get back at it.  The change works, in that I caught four more fish, but the action was still pretty slow.  I call it around 3pm and head home.  650th day of fishing for me.
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant, Chubby Chernobyl

Comments

Popular Posts