Colorado River

Started my camping trip by heading to the upper Colorado River in Rocky Mountain N.P.  I park at the last parking area and start fishing upstream from there.  The water was low and clear and the weather was about perfect.  It only takes a couple of casts and I'm on a fish.  I catch little brookies all day along with a single cutthroat throne in, but nothing over eight inches.  After working upstream for four hours and too many fish to count I decide to call it a day and go get some dinner and set up camp.  It's about 6pm when I finish setting up camp and decide to head over to a nearby creek and try my luck.  The fishing is slow for the first hour but then I finally change to a small caddis after watching two fish deny my amy's ant and start getting some action.  I catch five in the next hour including a fat 14" brown to finish the day.  I call it around 8pm and head back to camp.  Great start!
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant, Caddis

Comments

Popular Posts