South Platte River

Headed down to the Deckers area to fish the South Platte with Mark for the day.  We start at one of my favorite spots to fish in the summer but sadly did not see a single fish.  We try three more spots over the coarse of the day but only manage to hook one rainbow that gets off between us.  We call it a day around 4pm and head home.  Great day out in the mountains just the same!




Rod:  Tenkara USA Hane 11'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 11'
Fly that Worked:  size 20 green RS2

Comments

  1. Kevin - how long have you been fishing the T-USA Hane? How do you like the foam handle?

    I purchased a Three Rivers Tenkara Confluence rod prior to a trip to RMNP last summer. I like fishing it, but the thicker foam handle took some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been fishing the Hane for about a year . I switch between it and the Iwana. I love the handle on the Hane! I think more because of the short size but the feel is good to me also. If the Hane didn't way twice as much as the Iwana it would be my favorite rod.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts