Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the day, only this time I started low in the canyon and worked my way up.  The first spot starts slow but picks up as I go and I eventually catch four little brown trout on a Amy's Ant.  I move upstream to another spot I have fished many times but sadly I only get a couple little browns before picking up and moving to another area because of the really slow action.  Three's a charm!  My third stop I end up catching just three but they were all 12" rainbows and the biggest fish of the day by a long shot.  Oddly they were all caught with a RS2 unlike all the other fish.  I finish the day working some of the water I fished with Mark a couple days ago.  Once again it starts out slow but the final few pools make up for it.  I end up catching 9 including a brookie and had another half dozen get off.  Pretty good day of fishing!







Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Wind Cutter 12'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant, RS2

Comments

Popular Posts