DAY 700!!!

Mark and I headed up to the Cache La Poudre River for the day after seeing the flows were around 100cfs and the report was ice free.  WE start at our normal spot but sadly the fish are not feeding.  By the time we meet back up Mark has one fish and I have not even seen a fish.  We continue working upstream and thankfully we both catch a fish.  After shaking the skunk off, I'm in a much better mood and we head to some new water for us.  The second area is a little nicer to us, with both of us picking up three.  On top of that we each had quite a bit more action.  We finish the day at a spot further down in the canyon that we have fished before.  Mark does a little nymphing while I stick with the Amy's and pick up two more to finish the day.  A little tougher fishing than I hoped for but still a good day!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Wind Cutter 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts