Rocky Mountain N.P.

Headed back to the park for another try at Cub Creek.  The water was 100cfs lower than last time, so I was hoping the action would be better.  The weather was sunny but very windy all day making casting a chore.  I start off with a Amy's Ant and almost get three different fish, before switching to a beetle pattern that ended up being the one.  I have to be super stealthy but I manage to get just short of twenty fish for the day, killing my two fish total from last time.  Nice to have a day like that again!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Fly that Worked:  Red Beetle

Comments

  1. Glad to will hear this outing was more productive than your previous one to Cub Creek. I'll be in Estes Park next week. I've only fished Cub Creek once. Do you normally fish upstream from the parking area or downstream? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a step ahead of me, I can't even find anything labelled cub creek on any map or referenced online, but I think I know and have seen it before...I think : o. I'm so desperate for stream fishing right now, worst spring I've had with cold and snow in may giving way to massive runoff. I'm heading to rmnp Sunday to try to find any small creek at fishhable flows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the Big T. in Moraine Park but walk over to the far south side of the meadow. The Big T. splits in two and I call the South side Cub Creek.

      Delete
    2. thanks kevin, that was the one i was thinking, the only place that looks possibly small enough. I've hit it around the confluence when fishing the T thru there and upstream.
      i'm going tomorrow...google maps shows a third even smaller trickle at the end of the meadow by the trees

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts