South Platte River

Headed back to the South Platte, being one of the few places not hit by runoff.  Mark and I start at the same spot we started at last time hoping to have the same kind of action.  Thankfully the action was just as good with Mark picking up five while I got 2 with a couple more on that got off.  We head to our second spot which is one of Mark's new favorites to try for some bigger fish.  Mark ends up getting a huge rainbow and a nice brown while I manage to get snapped off by a brown.  Spot number three was an old favorite that ended up being a good spot for me.  I hook two big rainbows, one that gets off at my feet after fighting it and the other getting off after a couple minutes of fighting.  I do eventually land a nice brown trout and so does Mark.  We finish off the day at the spot we started but this time Mark lands one fish and that's it.  Pretty good day on the water again.




Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Flies That Worked:  Amy's Ant, BWO

Comments

Popular Posts