Cache La Poudre River

Headed up to the Cache La Poudre River with Mark and a new friend Neil for the day.  The flows were around 205cfs with the water still moving at a pretty good clip.  That being said I was able to wade across the river below and above the island.  Mark and Neil take one side of the island and I take the other to start the day.  By the time we meet back up at the top of the island, Mark has caught 11 fish just like me.  Neil is having a tougher time of it but still caught 6.  We continue to work upstream and by the time we get back to the car I have caught another 11 with Mark and Neil grapping ten more between them.  We move to the next spot and fish for another hour and a half with everyone getting a couple fish each.  One of the best days on the Poudre I've had!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line: Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Flies: Hippie Stomper

Comments

Popular Posts