Day 72

Tried some mid day fishing up at Clear Creek today by myself.  Had another spectacular day with just a little wind and scattered clouds.  The water was a little stained but not bad and bugs were hatching all day.  I fished at the first tunnel because to my surprise there was no one there. 


I start at the first big run using a red san juan worm and a pheasant tail nymph.  Within ten minutes I have hooked a fish and even though it got off, I am feeling good about the day.  A couple of minutes later I foul hook a little brown for the first fish.  I continue to move my way upstream and end up foul hooking another little brown on the same tiny midge nymph.  The day ends with just those two brought to net and the early hook up.  I fished for about four hours before calling it a day and heading home.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Fly that kinda worked:  Sprout Midge Nymph

Comments

Popular Posts