Hughes River day 1

Took a trip back east to Shenandoah N.P. with my buddy Dax for a week.  We decide to walk up the Hughes River and fish along the way.  After hiking in and setting up camp we head to the river to do some fishing.  The water was low and clear and not another fisherman on the river.  I have on a red Amy's Ant and start casting into a pool and almost instantly I get a bite.  A few more casts and I have a little brookie on for my first fish.  I continue to fish and get one more before turning my attention to getting Dax on a fish.  Not to long after Dax catches his first fish of the trip.  We fish a little longer then call it a day and head back to camp.  Great start to the trip!
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts