Eleven Mile Canyon

Headed down to Eleven Mile Canyon for the day with Mark.  The flows were around 175csf but the water was pretty clear.  Despite the high flows it was still easy to wade the river in the section we fished.  I still have on a Amy's Ant and 6x tippet as usual and start fishing at the lower section of our favorite spot.  I have action almost immediately and have a nice 14" inch brown within minutes.  I fish this big fan of riffles and manage to pull out five fish over 12" before moving upstream.  I work my way up to Mark at the top and catch five more including a nice fat 16" Rainbow.  Mark has five in himself with over ten on and off.  We take a break and then switch areas to finish off the day.  New spot gives up seven more to me and five more to Mark with another twenty on and off between us.  Great day of fishing!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts