Clear Creek

Tried out Clear Creek for the first time in 3 months after getting a new rod in the mail.  I just got a Sato rod from Tenkara USA and wanted to try it out.  My first stop is at a new pullout for me.  The flows were around 180csf which was a little difficult to wade but at least the water was clear.  I work my way upstream getting action in far side pools and pockets.  I land six or so before another fisherman comes in and I find a new area.  The next spot I try is an old favorite.  As before I work upstream over the next couple hours and pick up another half dozen or so including a few on a Amano Kebari.  The new rod worked great.  At the shortest length, the rod is perfectly balanced and has a great feel.  At the middle length the rod is pretty well balanced and still casts pretty good.  The longest length has a bottom heavy balance to it and takes a little more effort to cast but feels like a stronger rod than the Iwana.  Good to have Clear Creek fishing again.

Rod:  Tenkara USA Sato 10'8"-11'10"-12'9"
Line:  Tenkara USA Tapered 11'
Flies That Worked:  Amy's Ant, Amano Kebari

Comments

Popular Posts