Day in the Park

Decided to head up to Rocky Mountain N.P. for the day.  I start the day on North St Vrain Creek and fish it for a couple hours.  The water is low and clear but the action is slow.  I get four to hand before calling it and heading over to Cub Creek.  I end up fishing Cub Creek for about three hours picking up a fish in every hole I don't spook the fish out of.  I did manage to land a nice 14" brown that shot out from the bank to crush the Amy's Ant.  Great day in the park!
 
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Nice brown! I think I might have asked you this before, but what size/color Amy's Ant do you fish with the most success?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to use a size 16 green Amy's Ant, then I try red.

      Delete
  2. I had only fished an Amy's Ant during my trips to RMNP. However, I started using them here in Missouri at the trout parks, and it's been an extremely productive terrestrial pattern. I caught my biggest rainbow in years (easily 2+ pounds) a couple of weeks back on a #14 tan & green Amy's Ant that I purchased in Estes Park this past summer. Even though the MO trout parks get an extreme amount of pressure, no one is throwing an Amy's Ant. I feel like it's my new secret weapon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too. I can hit water already fished because most don't fish with a Amy's Ant. I pulled that big brown from water barely deep enough to cover it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts