Cache La Poudre River

Headed back up to the Poudre with Mark for the day, but this time we start at a different spot.  We choose a spot we normally finish at to see how it fished when your first through it.  Mark gets a fish on the first cast and I get one before I finish crossing the river.  After that the fishing slows down a little for both of us, but together we end up catching a dozen fish.  We move on to our normal starting spot, but this time we both fish one side of the island.  Mark takes the road side and I take the island side as we work our way up.  I end up having a ton of action and probably catch close to fifteen fish on my side.  Mark has a slower start but a better finish and lands over a dozen himself.  After a little break we finish the day at the fan area but we each catch just one fish.  Overall a pretty goood day on the water!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Fly that Worked:  Hippie Stomper

Comments

Popular Posts