Rocky Mountain N.P.

Headed up to RMNP for the day and decided to start at the North St Vrain.  The water is low and clear and the weather was in the 70's.  My first cast lands a nice 12" brown to start the day off right.  Sadly the action was really slow at this area.  I work a good stretch and come up with six fish in about a hour or so of fishing but regretting my decision to wet wade.  With the action being slow and my feet being cold, I decide to call it here and head over to Moraine Park to finish the day.  After putting on waders I get back out and start with a double dry set up consisting of a chubby chernobyl and hippie stomper.  First cast into a shallow pool and two browns come up and each take a fly.  Two Fish On!  I end up landing them in front of a group taking pictures of the elk in the meadow before continuing upstream.  The move was a good decision as I end up catching to many fish to count and I got to see a couple bull elk up close.  Great Day!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 12'
Flies that Worked:  Elk Hair Caddis , Hippie Stomper, Chubby Chernobyl, Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts