South Platte River

Headed down to the South Platte for a few hours on a beautiful day.  I get to my first spot around 10am and thankfully it looks like nobody has fished it yet.  I tie on a amy's ant down to a copper john down to a two bit hooker to run through some deeper pools to start the day.  The first pool gives up six fish on all three patterns and the second pool gives up three.  I end up running into some other fisherman after catching one more and decide to take a second run at the first two pools plus another pool I didn't fish the first time through.  I end up catching six more fish mostly by dragging the amy's ant straight upstream like a streamer.  After a break I move on to my second spot and start working upstream.  I end up catching 4 before getting high holed and calling it a day.  Not bad to catch twenty on a beautiful day.
 




Comments

Popular Posts