Day 44

Went up to Clear Creek with Derron for the first time in about three months.  We got up there around 3pm and tried a new spot up canyon that had a pretty good stretch to fish.  With the flows finally down and the creek fishable again we start and within a few minutes Derron has landed a fish.  I get a couple of nibbles but no hookups before I move down a little bit.  I start fishing into a pool in the middle where we had seen fish feeding and get a few more nibbles but no fish.  I turn and cast to a small pool behind a rock on the bank just upstream and hook a brown after a couple of casts.  I net a 11" brown for my only fish of the day.  Derron catches one more before the wind picks up and the thunder starts and we call it a day after a few hours.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:   Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Fly that worked:  Winged Ant

Comments

Popular Posts