Day 45

Derron and myself tried Cheeseman Canyon again to try for some bigger fish today.  We got out early and started fishing by 9am for a change of pace for me who usually fishes mid day on.  Starting all the way downstream and working our way up we could see some fish but could not get any to bite.  I personally changed between SIXTEEN different fly patterns with no action what so ever.  I had a few different fish I could see and threw multiple patterns right over it with zero action.  The best action of the day was on a tan hopper with a green body which got two sniffs from fish and a wolly bugger that had a fish follow it but not take it.  Derron finished the day as I did and called it a day around 3:30pm with the temp near 90 degrees.

Rod:  Unagi 12'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Flies that did NOT work:  see photo above

Comments

Popular Posts