Day 47

Spent a half day up at clear creek today on a beautiful september day with just a little breeze.  I started around 1pm and tried a different spot just upstream from where me and Derron went last time.  I ended up fishing for about 4 hours and caught three with another three hooked and a couple more sniffs to complete the day.  On my last fish I hooked a 12" brown while wading in the middle of the creek, and when I tried to walk to the edge where it was shallow I ended up slipping and dunked myself up to the shoulders.  Of coarse this all happened in front of a older couple who just happened to stop for a break and watch me fish.  After catching the fish and drying off over the next hour without getting any more action I call it a day.


Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Fly that worked:  Winged Ant

Comments

Popular Posts