Great day on South Boulder Creek

After a couple days on Clear Creek I wanted to change things up a bit and headed to South Boulder Creek below Gross Res. for the day.  The fly of the day ended up being a big extended body green drake.  I tried a number of patterns but the only one that got consistent action was the green drake.

I start up high and work my way downstream over the coarse of the day.  First spot I try I catch a little rainbow and have another hooked but eventually got off.  This seemed to be the theme of the day with at least one fish hooked and off for every fish caught.  In a odd turn, I caught only Rainbow Trout for the day, which never happens.  By the end of the day I have caught around ten fish and had at least that many or more hooked that got off. 

Had a great day of weather again and the creek was fairly empty of other anglers to make for another great day of fishing.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Level Line 12' #4
Fly That Worked:  Extended Body Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts