Friday the 13th Fishing

Headed up to Bear Creek for the first time in a long time to try my luck on a beautiful day for fishing.  I started just above the parking lot and found the creek to be a little stained from runoff.  I started dry fly fishing but got no action with that method so I changed to a nymph rig and worked my way upstream.  Just before the bridge I finally manage to hook into a little brown trout for my only fish here.  I continue upstream with no luck and decide to pick up and head over to Clear Creek to finish off the day.



I get to a familiar spot and try the nymph rig I still had as the water here was also stained.  I work my way upstream seeing no action at all, so I change back to a dry fly setup and walk back to my starting point to work upstream with the dry fly.  I end up tying on a parachute adams and get another little brown trout to take it for my only fish on Clear Creek.

I call it a day with just the two fish to hand but still a great day of fishing!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies that worked:  Black Beauty, Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts