Grand County Day 3

We finish off the trip by heading back to Muddy Creek.  The water is still low and clear and the fish are still spooky as shit.  We walk a little further down to start the day and I can see a few fish feeding on the surface.  I tie on my Amy's Ant and cast out to one.  A nice big Rainbow comes over and takes it for my first fish of the day.  The method for catching fish for the day revolved around sight fishing to the few I could get close enough to cast to without spooking.  I got a few more chances than last time and end up catching five, with two more on that snapped me off.  Mark catches a couple but isn't feeling good so we call it around 4:30pm and head home.  Good trip to start the summer!
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts