Moraine Park

Headed back up to Rocky Mountain N.P. to fish Moraine Park again.  I get to the park and the wind is howling but the parking lot is empty so I get ready and head to the stream.  Trying to cast with the wind blowing was a challenge all day but it didn't stop me from having a good day.  I walk the entire meadow over the coarse of the day and end up catching just short of forty fish.  Best part of the day was I didn't see another person all day!
 


Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Stunning setting and photos. Thirty days and counting and I will be fishing the same stretch. Although, I expect many more anglers in early July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long time favorite of mine. There's no place like it in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin - have you fished Mill Creek further down from Moraine Park along Bear Lake Road? Looking at Google maps, it appears to be a tributary of Glacier Creek and smaller water than Cub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not responding(my notifications got messed up). I have only fished glacier creek.

      Delete
  4. I fished it on Monday, and caught zero. I guess there's no substitute for skill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts