Eleven Mile Canyon

Headed down to Eleven Mile Canyon for the day with Mark to try our luck on some different water.  Our first two choices of spots are taken so we pick a third spot we have had luck at before.  I got off to a good start catching a fish in the second hole I tried.  I work upstream getting a number of hook ups but only getting in five fish to hand.  Mark had the same trouble, getting the hook up but not getting the fish.  We finish off the day at another area close by where I end up landing a big 19" rainbow plus a few more.  Mark finally starts landing some fish and we finish the day after about 6 hours of fishing.  Pretty good day all together.

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant(red)

Comments

  1. Been many years since I've seen that water. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish it during the week because the weekends are insane.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts