East Inlet Creek

Even though it was the fourth of July I decided to try some fishing.  I picked East Inlet creek hoping to miss the crowds of the big rivers.  The trail was packed but nobody was fishing when I got to the first meadow.  I work my way between the lower and upper meadows over the coarse of the day, catching too many fish to count.  That being said, I probably had twice as many snap at it but not get hooked.  I finish the day in the upper meadow with a fish on my last cast before heading back to the car.  Pretty good forth!
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant(purple and red)

Comments

  1. Beautiful scenery and photos!

    The family wants to drive Trail Ridge Road tomorrow, our last day in Estes. I thought we'd stop at the Colorado River Trail Head for lunch, and I'd fish a bit. Have you fished the Colorado recently? I'm curious if the water near the trail will be similar to East Inlet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, but I have not fished the Colorado lately anyway.

      Delete
    2. Not late at all. We're driving to the west side of the park this morning. Thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts