Lake Fork day 2

For day 2 we decide to try out the Lake Fork.  We make the hike in, but as we get to the meadow the rain starts to fall.  For the next two hours we fish in the rain with only moderate success.  We both get on fish but they are all small little fingerlings.  We take a break at the top of the first meadow and then get back at it.  I cast to a blind hole and get a hit.  Splash! A big cutthroat hits the fly and then screams into the underwater branches of a nearby bush.  I think I've lost it, but as I'm digging the line out from the branches and moss I feel tension on the line.  I get the line free from the branches but still have a huge wad of moss on the line along with the fish.  After hand line battling the fish, I finally land a big 16" cutty.  Biggest fish of the day and totally made the early disappointment go away.  We fish up a little while longer and leave when the next storms come over head.  Good day!
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts